It doesn't happen often, but sometimes I do crave a tuna sandwich. Finding a good recipe is however a challenge, so please do follow the steps here for prime results.
┃ yield — 2
- 1 can of tuna in oil (no water please)
- 1 small (red) onion 🧅
- 2 tbsp pickled jalapeños
- ½ cup mayonnaise (Hellerman's or Kewpie)
- ⅓ cup finely chopped dill
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 slices (milk) bread 🍞
- 2 slices sharp (cheddar) cheese 🧀
┃ ◕ — 20 mins
- Mix 1 finely chopped red onion, finely chopped, 1 tuna can, ½ cup mayonnaise, ⅓ cup finely chopped dill, 2 tbsp chopped pickled jalapeños, and 1 tbs. fresh lemon juice in a medium bowl until combined. Season generously with freshly ground pepper.
- Heat the oven with a cast iron or oven safe container with the slices of bread sprinkled with olive oil, when slightly heated take out.
- Divide the tuna mixture evenly over the bread and place a slice of cheese on top. Grill until the cheese starts to melt and slightly brown (if needed you can torch the cheese for prime browning).
- Transfer sandwiches to a plate 🍽️. Serve with pickles, kettle-style potato chips and top with hot sauce 🌶️.